Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy birthday to me!

Today's my 32nd birthday! Happy birthday to me!  (And happy new year to you!)

Today I am grateful for

  • ice skating with a friend
  • two more days of vacation due to the impending snow storm
  • the fact that I cooked dinner last night and don't have to cook tonight
  • cuddling with my kitties and husband.
  • warm tea
  • another year

Since it's New Year's Day, there is/was a lot of talk about resolutions.  I don't really make resolutions, as I use to make them and then forget what they were shortly after!  I think last year I made a decision on about January 4th that I would lose weight.  I was at an all-time high, and I just couldn't stand it anymore.  Having to buy new pants every week was getting really old. (I hate shopping.)  My husband and I decided together that we would lose some weight, and we stuck to it.  As of today, I am about 42 lbs lighter, and he's 60lbs lighter.  We know we don't want to go back to that starting weight, so we will continue to work on this and stay accountable.  

Thus far, I haven't had anything jump into mind as something that I should make my personal goal for the year.  Here are some things that I could probably work on, but I don't want to put too much pressure on myself.
  • staying positive/ stop being negative
  • being on time for work
  • doing more fun things
  • reading more
  • watching less tv
  • intensify my workouts
  • blogging more
  • choosing joy
(It's going to be hard to watch less tv.  My husband and I watch A LOT of tv.)  Again, these are things I could work on, but will I?  That remains to be seen.

What will you work on this year?

-D

3 comments:

Margaret said...

We weren't going to go back until Monday anyway. I like a longer vacation after NY anyway, although time lays heavy on me unless I make lots of plans. I don't make resolutions either, but I would like to be happier and more accepting. I'd like to find some new hobbies--but I have no idea what they might be. :) I am the opposite; I'm trying to make myself watch more TV, instead of read constantly. What an accomplishment for your husband and you! I am very impressed. I would love to see before and after photos!!

Margaret said...

I forgot to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, thus Joyeux Anniversaire and Feliz Cumpleanos. (sorry for no tilde, I don't know how to make one) :)

Iammorethanmyjob said...

Merci!

Unfortunately, we don't have before/after pics, as we're both terrible at remembering to take pictures. (We probably also avoided taking pictures when we were at our starting weight because we knew we were overweight and didn't want to see ourselves!)