Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sick

I've had a terrible cold for three days now.  Well, it started on Sunday, really, when I woke up with a sore throat.  I thought it was just dry air (I haven't pulled out my humidifier yet. Too lazy.), but then Monday morning I went into work feeling sick to the stomach.  20 minutes later, I left work to come back home.  I think the stomach sickness was partially due to some antibiotics I took. (I get to that in a minute.)  I guess they weren't joking when they said to take it with food to avoid nausea.  Anyway, I came home, felt icky, went to the doctor (again, back to that later), came back home, and basically had a full-blown cold.  Tuesday morning, I woke up at 4 and knew that I wasn't going to make it to work, so I called in.  I was really hoping that it would blow over, but this morning I was so stuffy and congested that I had to call in again.  I'm not feeling much better at this point (and by much better I mean not at all), but I know that I'll have to suck it up and go to work tomorrow.  After the 3rd consecutive day, they can start asking questions and pushing me for documentation showing I was sick. I definitely don't want to waste money on a copay just for them to tell me that I have a cold and there's nothing they can do.  I'm pretty sure it's just a cold and not the flu, as I have no body aching, no nausea, just a constant back-and-forth of stuffiness followed by runny nose followed by stuffiness.

So, as for the antibiotics (bleck).  I was on a three-day course for a procedure I was having done on Monday.  It was for something called an HSG (hysterosalpingogram), a test to check to see if there are any abnormalities/blockages in my uterus and fallopian tubes.  The good news is I'm totally clear and the procedure only lasted about 4 minutes.  The bad news is it hurt like hell (I'm talking the worst 4 minutes of my life) and the antibiotics made me feel ill.  But now that it's over, we wait on a few more tests on my husband, then maybe we can figure out how to make a baby. (Well, through IVF, obviously.  I guess more so when not how.) Dealing with a one person issue should be much easier than a two person issue.  He meets with a urologist in two weeks.  Hopefully the doc will be able to identify the issue (and hopefully it's a correctable one).  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Cross yours for me too, por favor.

No comments: